Monday, August 28, 2006

I give up. I've been promising a Sicily blog for TWO MONTHS, and I can't quite manage to write it. Therefore, it must not want to be written. I keep having ideas for a blog and thinking 'oh but i have to write the Sicily one first' - well bollocks! Sicily was great, everyone should go there. Fini.

One very cool thing did happen - I had the Goddess experience I've been after :o)

My friend and I had had a bit of a tiff, so we went our separate ways for an afternoon. I wandered into Taormina, had a gelati (best icecream in HISTORY), got caught in a short sharp shower....and a beautiful little old church caught my eye. It was, of course, a Catholic church, and the doors were standing open. An old man came out as I went in, and I was alone in the church.

The first thing I saw was a beautiful Madonna and Child statue behind the altar. As I looked around, I realised that this was to all intents and purposes, a church to Mary. There were statues of her everywhere, and only one of Jesus alone.

I sat in the second row of pews (didn't feel confident enough to sit at the front of the class), and I just looked at that Madonna and Child. As I looked at Her, a perception of Motherhood stole over me, growing larger and larger, until it filled my consciousness and beyond, encompassing all Motherhood - Mother Mary, Mother Earth, my mother, my grandmother, all mothers everywhere, and my own potential motherhood.

As with all esoteric experiences, it is so hard to describe, but I think the best way to put it is 'God as Mother/Mother as God'. But even that is insufficient - argh! Perhaps 'Mother God as all'...

Well, if anyone reading has ever had a consciousness-expanding experience, perhaps they will understand my poor words :o)

1 Comments:

At 2:21 am, Blogger nelle said...

Found it!

No consciousness raising comments from me, I'm still sorting through my own mind on such things...

methinks what we see on the outside are catalysts... but what we are seeing is what is within, and it certainly sounds that way in your description.

There are the unexpected things that trigger such thought; there are the things we read, knowingly pursuing the subject, yet which still can send us inward in examination and contemplation.

And then there the inner triggers... I've had a couple of those catch me overnight, and those are really the most difficult, because the experience is so very intense. One was clearly dream, the other - and more intense - I'm not so ready to pronounce as dream.

I'm glad it led you to a good place, and hope you and friend patched things up.

nelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home