Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Please forgive me, but I wrote a poem this morning and I’m going to post it. I beg your indulgence, as I don’t do this very often and that is my excuse for inflicting the following on you:

- Together -

His smile makes me laugh
His pain makes me cry
His puzzlement makes me think
His daughter is my daughter
His anger troubles me

My laugh makes him smile
My tears give him pain
My thoughts intrigue him
My family is his family
My disquiet troubles him

An attack on one is an attack on both
A kindness to one is a kindness to both
To love one is to love both
This is us, together.

7 Comments:

At 4:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

elle, thats lovely!
eleni
xxx

 
At 4:49 pm, Blogger Elle said...

Eleni off Ivillage? Welsh bird?

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger nelle said...

Nicely done...

poet laureate of Blogger?

 
At 12:55 pm, Blogger Elle said...

lol! thanks *blush* - I get these urges occasionally. you mean I shouldn't just lie down until the feeling passes?

 
At 1:43 am, Blogger nelle said...

Nope... writing is a gift, and a means of seeing what we are thinking. We can take our thoughts, place them in rough form upon a mould made of letters grouped into words grouped into sentences...

we can use our hands to give them the shape and form to match the thoughts as they are in our minds.

When such things are in your head, write.

 
At 3:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welsh bird?! yep! thats me! am keeping an eye on you here too chick! lol! xxx

 
At 8:06 am, Blogger Elle said...

Eleni, great to see you here :o) do you blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home