Sunday, April 02, 2006

I have been Tagged. But I have no-one to Tag. Boo hoo :o( Oh well, let’s see how interesting/dull my life has been :oD

1. Who was your first prom date? Homeschooled, thus no prom. I don’t think English schools do Proms, do they?
My first date was when I was 14, when a boy who had a crush on me took me to the movies. He was a perfect wee gentleman, but I just didn’t fancy him. Poor lad.

2. Who were your first roommate(s)? Do you mean share a bedroom with? If so, my sisters. If you mean share a flat or house with, my first place ‘on my own’ was in a little self-contained studio at the top of a house wherein lived a family I’d known most of my life. It was very sad when I left, as the mother of this long-known family tried to get £300 out of me that I didn’t owe her. Awfully disappointing.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink the first time you got drunk? LOL, I remember getting tipsy at a relative’s wedding when I was about 5, having done the rounds of the adults’ table (after they’d gone on to the dancefloor) and finished off all the dregs of wine in their glasses! Early indications of my enduring love for rosé.

4. What was your first job? Au pair for a missionary family my parents knew. Looked after two GORGEOUS toddlers for about a year, during which time they got steady on their feet and started speaking. It was cool.

5. What was your first car? A very old blue Fiat Uno. Looked like a matchbox on wheels. Truly dreadful car. The first time I drove it was the day after I passed my test. My friend Naomi heroically agreed to be my passenger, as I was nervous of driving alone. In that first ride, I grazed a cyclist with my wing mirror (it was his fault, honest!), and we found that the car had a serious flaw. We were on a fairly steep hill, waiting to go into a parking area. There was a lot of traffic coming across, so I put the handbrake on and released the footbrake. And we started to roll backwards, towards a nice little white car that was stopped behind us. Which is when we realised that the handbrake didn’t work. That was scarey. Collision was avoided by judicious use of the biting point, but we were both rather shaken.

It’s not really any surprise that I have since lost contact with Naomi…. ;o)

6. When did you go to your first funeral? My great-grandmother’s, about 15 years ago. She was a very Victorian, stiff-upper-lip sort of woman. I never really got to know her. By the time I was old enough to be ‘seen and heard’, she was too far gone with the effect of several strokes to be interested in me.

7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? Tricky question. I don’t consider that I had a hometown until my parents settled here when I was 15. Even then, I moved away again when I was 16, so it wasn’t really MY hometown until I moved back from the Ukraine just before my 20th birthday.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? My mum, lol! Who was also my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th….well, you get the idea ;o)

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? I think it was when I was 7, @ 1986. We went from England to India for 8 or 9 months, and thence to Thailand for about a year.

10. When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with? I really don’t remember. I remember sneaking out of the house in the Ukraine to smoke (the Christians I worked with really frowned on that) with a couple of the other teenagers. But the first time….nope, memory insufficient beedibeedibeep

11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? Liefke, the daughter of missionaries my parents were working with when we were in Thailand. We kept in touch for about 5 years, but I’ve long since lost contact with her.

12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents' house? Watford, for previously-mentioned au pair role.

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Dream Man. Who is currently enjoying a Sunday am sleep-in. I couldn’t sleep past 8.30 today, for some reason. Odd. Maybe I was supposed to get up and answer this Tag :oD

14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsman? David and Beth’s. I was 15 or 16 I think. Got trussed up in this hideous dress that didn’t fit and flattened my boobs. Only time since they started growing that I ever looked flat-chested, lol! It was so uncomfortable!

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Kiss DM (who gets up 30mins later), roll out of bed and get in the shower. Mmmm, shower…..

16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Um, this is a tad embarrassing. I have never been to a proper concert. I went to the Homelands dance festival in 2000 (I think), but that’s not quite the same thing.

17. First tattoo or piercing? What age? Ears, age 11. Then again at age 13 because the holes closed up. I didn’t like earrings at age 11. I’m far too scaredycat to have somebody repeatedly poke me with a needle for a tattoo, and I’m not keen on having any body piercings.

18. First celebrity crush? Oh god do I have to say? The first I remember is Benjamin from 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (don’t know the actor’s name). In my defence, I was REALLY young!

19. Age of first kiss? 7. I was precocious.

20. First crush? 7 again. I had my first ‘boyfriend’ at that age. We would walk around holding hands and occasionally be more daring and kiss each other when no-one was looking. We were a bit like the Love Is stickers, lol!

21. First time you did drugs? My first proper drug experience (I don’t count the occasional toke on a joint) was my first ecstasy pill when I was 20. I was clubbing and only took half a pill, but it was an incredible experience. The music was in me, was my own blood. It was really amazing. After that, I had a great year and a half with my then boyfriend and our circle of friends, going to the same awesome club every Saturday night, taking an E and having a blast. After about 18 mos I got tired of it and stopped taking. No addiction, no issues. Just done. BTW, if anyone reading this would like to understand the UK drugs-and-clubbing experience of the late 90s, get the film Human Traffic with John Simms.

7 Comments:

At 4:35 pm, Blogger nelle said...

Interesting,enjoyable, and amusing...

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger nelle said...

Pssssst... you might consider tagging Lee.

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Elle said...

looks like a fun blog, lol - but is it 'allowed' to tag people who don't know you? seems rude somehow...

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger nelle said...

Introduce yourself and tell her I put you up to it as you are new to blogging...

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger Nony said...

Love your first driving story! During my first driving test, trying to parallel park, I ended up with my back tire up on the curb. Wanted to DIE... lol.

Driving here, sometimes I forget what side of the road I should be on! Shhhh.. don't tell.

 
At 12:14 pm, Blogger Elle said...

Kim, I did that too! LOL! If I told the story of learning to drive and passing my testS...well, that would be a 'nother whole blog. Hmmmm....

 
At 12:14 pm, Blogger Elle said...

Kim, I did that too! LOL! If I told the story of learning to drive and passing my testS...well, that would be a 'nother whole blog. Hmmmm....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home