Friday, March 31, 2006

IT'S OFF, HURRAY!!!!

Marvellous, fabulous, joyous moment! I speak, of course, of the moment when the doc said 'no new cast, physiotherapy'. He was a tad abrupt , but I could have kissed him. Having the cast actually removed was weird as you like. That happened before we saw the doctor. The nurse was very nice and showed me that the saw couldn’t cut my skin by putting it against her own hand. I haven’t figured out how it can cut fibreglass but not skin, but never mind. The important thing is that it didn’t cut me! The vibrating feeling as she sawed through the fibreglass was a bit uncomfortable, but I didn’t care. I was going to see my leg again for the first time in 4 weeks!!

It looked hideous. Like something out of The Fly. All hairy (5 wks growth, ladies!) and flaky with dry skin *shudder*. The hairs were all curly where they hadn’t had room to grow straight. It was truly grim. DM was very entertained by the cast removal process and asked the nurse if he could have a go. What is it with men and gadgets?? Thankfully she said no, lol!

So then we saw the doctor, yadda yadda physiotherapy yadda. He did say one worrying thing, which was that the fact that my one knee had dislocated meant that I probably had an inbuilt tendency for that sort of thing and I should do all the physio exercises on both legs to help prevent the other one popping out at a later date. ARGH NO! Damn my genetic joint defects! I SOOOO do not want this to EVER happen again, so I’m doing all my exercises like 18 times a day. I’m doing one right now as I type this.

Very first thing I did when we got home yesterday was run a bath. My god, what bliss that was! Sigh…. Also shaved and moisturised the leg to within an inch of its life. That was fun.

DM and I have been on very short rations sexually while I’ve been encasted, so I was hoping to get jiggy after my bath, but worse luck he’s just come down with a ManCold™ and is far too ill to even consider it. Poo.

I can get about 45degrees of bend out of the knee at the mo, so that’s good. I bent it too far in my sleep last night and the pain woke me up, so I’ll have to be careful of that. I should have full use after about 6 weeks (possibly less), so I’ll finally be able to get back to bellydancing. God I’ve missed that.

Oooh, bellydancing. I haven’t posted about that yet. Hmmm. To Be Continued….

2 Comments:

At 11:43 am, Blogger nelle said...

Congratulations...

*sends along a copy of The Joy Of Sex so you can find alternative positions that suit your fancy - and physical issues...* ;-)

 
At 4:29 pm, Blogger Elle said...

LOLOL! I have to say, we did get fairly experimental when we were brave enough to try it with the cast on ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home